Monday, September 30, 2013

September 29, 2013

Family,

It's seriously the highlight of my p-day reading family letters. I love you all so much and miss you all, but I am so grateful to be a missionary right now. I find myself thinking all the time, even though I've been out for three months already, "How did I get here, is this real life?" It seriously feels like yesterday that they made the announcement, and I didn't even know if I wanted to go on a mission or not, but I seriously am so glad that I decided to serve. At least once a day, we'll just walking or I'll be in the jeepney, and my hand automatically goes to my chest, to feel my name tag. I feel so honored every day to wear Christ's name, to be a literal representative of him and a messenger of his gospel. Especially with Maddy already home, and my companion leaving in the next two months, I'm reminded how fast this time passes as a missionary. On our last day in the MTC, Sister Tamang shared her testimony, and she broke down explaining how she's no longer a missionary, how she no longer has the opportunity to wear that badge, and she tried to explain to us how great of a blessing and privilege it is to wear it. I'm so grateful for this opportunity, and I love being a missionary, and I truly feel honored and privileged to wear my nametag every day.

This past week was "family week", which is a big deal here. They've had activities all week at the government building, and special ward activities, etc. Oh my, I do not want to see those pictures from Family Week at the government building. It was raining outside so they moved it inside.... definitely too many people in one building. The place was packed, it was so hot, and after waiting for maybe 45 minutes, they had us sing... so I'm sure I looked like a hot, sweaty mess. But it was definitely a cool experience. We sang "Love at Home" in Ilonggo with the missionaries in our zone. Even though I think it sounded terrible, everyone enjoyed it. 

We've had another good week here on the mission. It hasn't rained as much as last week which has been nice. We continue to teach, and to walk, and to teach, but I don't mean that in a bad way. I love what we do as missionaries. Before the mission, I was like "how can I do this for eighteen months, doing the same thing over and over again every day?" But really, it doesn't even feel like that. I love it. Yes, of course I have bad days where all I want to do is go to sleep, and start over again the next day. Especially when I get frustrated with myself or with our work. But overall, I love being a missionary. Especially when you have a lesson, where your investigator shares her testimony or you can feel the Spirit working with them, and you know that's why you are on a mission.That's why I'm here in the Philippines. That even if it's hard, it's worth it.

Okay, I'm running out of time...
1. Yesterday, I had Pizza Hut for lunch, and McDonald's for dinner. A member after church was like, I have pizza in my car, are you sisters hungry?.... so of course we ate pizza. And then last night the first counselor of the stake president who's in from Sister Van Slooten's ward brought us leftovers and with it he brought us McDonald's.... funniest thing ever.
2. I'm not sick, nor have any sort of boils under my arms.. thankfully. Although I do have a ton of mosquito bites.. but that's kind of inevitable.
3.Seriously, I need a diet plan too. Whoever thought I would lose weight in the Philippines is crazy. I've never eaten as much as I do now.

I love you all!
xoxo,
Sister Fitz

Family Week at the Bacolod Government Building

Missionaries Singing "Love at Home"

No comments:

Post a Comment