Monday, September 30, 2013

September 15, 2013

Mom and Dad,

It's hard to know what to say because of what's happened this week with Grandma and Grandpa. But I'm so comforted to know that you were able to be there, by her side as she passed. President Lopez called me Friday morning and told me and explained how she was talking about her missionaries up until she passed. My heart is so full of love right now. It's hard being away and not being able to offer that support that I know our family needs right now, but I know that Heavenly Father is by your side, strengthening and comforting you. I'm sending all my love to both you, our family, and especially Grandpa. I'm write him a letter tonight and send in the mail as soon as I can. Please express to him how much I love him, and how grateful I am to have him as my grandpa, and for setting that example for me. I love you all, send my love to our whole family as well.

Other than that, our week has been pretty good. Yes, Sister Van Slooten is training, so we have a new sister in our apartment! Six girls from her batch are training after just completing their own training, so now it's stressing me out because that could easily be me in six weeks... and right now, I'm no where near being ready to train. But I can definitely see how I've progressed in the past six weeks. It's still hard for me to understand them, and half the time they might not understand me either, but I'm trying, and I know that eventually it will come.

On Tuesday I got a package from Maddy and is seriously made my whole week. I might have cried. Seriously, I love our family so much. Especially with Grandma passing this week as well, it makes me realize how lucky I am and how grateful I am to have been given such an amazing family. Your examples, faith, love, and support are the only reason I'm the person I am now. In the little book she made me, there's a picture of us as family, and she wrote, "Relax, we have eternity." The Plan of Salvation is real, and I'm so grateful that we do have eternity together as a family. I might be gone for the next year, but that's nothing compared to that.

Sister Bendoy and I continue to have so much fun together. She actually might be the funniest person I know. The past couple weeks, we sometimes watch The District at night, and one night we decided to make our own video. So the past three nights, we "document" our day, the same way they do. We talk about our day, what we did, how our lessons went... they're so awkward, yet so funny to watch.

This past week our teachings have been good, and we had some investigators come to church which is always exciting. I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting, and being the person I am, I stressed out and gave mostly all of it in English... so I don't think they understood any of it. But I learned my lesson for next time, give it in Ilonggo, even if it's only two minutes long. We also got fed a lot this week, which never happens. On Friday, four out of five lessons, they fed us. Which is usually exciting, if I wasn't already so full. Also on birthdays, they always have spaghetti and cake... we had spaghetti three times this week. So much for losing weight in the Philippines...

I love you all. I'm praying for you always, especially Grandpa right now. Send everyone my love.

xoxo,
Sister Fitz

p.s. HOW IS MADDY ALREADY COMING HOME THIS WEDNESDAY?! craziness.

Bacolod 2nd Ward Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment