Monday, September 30, 2013

September 8, 2013

Family,

Transfers are this week. The new batch from the MTC comes in this week. Where has the time gone?! Before I know it, I'll be Maddy with less than two weeks to go! Seriously, when I think of Maddy coming home, it blows my mind, I can't believe how fast her mission has gone by and the same thing is gonna happen to me now. 

We've had another good week here in Bacolod. It continues to be sunny, and then downpour, and then be sunny again, pretty much the weather is bipolar, but we use our umbrellas both when it's raining and shining, so it doesn't really matter. Yesterday, we were stranded at the church for two extra hours because it was downpouring and couldn't go outside without getting completely soaked, even with our umbrellas. We were fasting as well, and I could seriously feel myself getting weaker and weaker because I was so thirsty. But then we came home and feasted. Later that night, we went to go visit these two families, but then we came across this foot-deep puddle across the whole road with no way around it... so we turned around... that's how flooded it was. Usually there's rocks you can tiptoe across, but it was too deep for even that.

Also this week, at one of our recent converts house, two sisters from the YSA came with us and climbed the palm tree to get us coconuts! It was so funny, but they ended up getting five down, so we chopped them open and had coconut juice. It was delicious. Also, we visited Brother J, who is actually a returned missionary, but less active. But he's so nice, and his family makes Puto and sells them at the market. You bake them in banana leaves and they're delicious.  We call them rice cupcakes and he always gives us thirty every time we visit.

We haven't had exchanges yet, but this past week they called two new sister training leader's specifically for our zone, so once a transfer, we'll have transfers with them which should be fun, but also slightly terrifying because I still feel brand new to the whole mission thing. But I'm still surviving :) 

Also, please let Hannah know I got her two dear elder letters this past week! It was so fun to read them and that I'll try to write her back next week!

I still love the mission. On Saturday, the elders had a baptism and we were able to attend. It was my first experience of a baptism here in the mission, and it made me so excited at what's ahead regarding my personal missionary work. I love serving, I love teaching, I love the Philippines. Even though I miss you all, I know this is where I'm supposed to be. 
xoxox,
Sister Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment