Monday, September 30, 2013

September 1, 2013

Family!

It's September and Christmas Season has begun! Some people already have their Christmas trees up and decorated, we passed a by house covered in white twinkle lights, and yesterday for companionship study, Sister Bendoy and I sang all the Christmas hymns! I'm so excited for the next four months, my first Christmas in the Philippines!

The past week has overall been good. Granted we have our good days and bad days, but I'm focusing on the positive. We're having a hard time finding new investigators, but hopefully things will pick up this week. The girl I mentioned last week, C, she's practically a dream investigator. But we found out this past week that she's leaving for Iloilo this week to visit her dad who is sick, and she's not sure when she's coming back.... so that was a little depressing but she's definitely ready to accept the gospel, so whether it's by us, or by someone else, I think she'll continue meeting with the missionaries. 

The language is still difficult, but I'm trying not focus on it. Some days are more frustrating than others, but I just try to think of what I'll be like six months from now, and how much more I'll be able to understand and say. Also, have I mentioned that no one can say Fitzgerald. Seriously, I've gotten Sister Pit, Sister Switzerland, Sister Erald... that list continues. We also have a less active who calls Sister Bendoy and I, "elders" haha

Yesterday we had stake conference, and the church was packed! They had some RM's and those who have their mission calls, share their testimonies which was a really exciting. It was funny because when Sister A said she was heading to Temple Square everybody just gasped haha, it's pretty exciting news. I also found out that Sister Young was transferred into my district! It was so fun to see her and talk to her.

It's still hot, I'm still sweaty, but I'm still happy. Granted I can't speak the language, and everyone makes fun of my accent, but that's the joy of missionary work, right?- struggling, but growing and knowing you helping the work of the Lord progress.

I love you all!
xoxo,
Sister Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment