Monday, September 30, 2013

September 22, 2013

Family!!!

Seriously, I might be tearing up a little bit looking at the photos of Maddy coming home. I saw them and was like "She would wear that on the plane..." and then read that she changed before meeting mom and dad. That's so exciting. All day Wednesday, I was like, Maddy's on the plane right now heading home, and then all day Thursday, I was like, she's probably already home by now. I seriously can't believe she's home and how fast it has gone by. Don't go too crazy :) 

I'm so glad that Grandma's funeral was so beautiful and that so many came. I truly feel so blessed to have had her in my life and to know that she will be waiting for us on the other side. This life isn't the end, and being on a mission especially, it makes everything so much clearer, to realize the eternal perspective of everything, rather than getting caught up with the mundane, trivial aspects that control our lives. I think that will probably be the hardest part coming off the mission, and something that Maddy's probably dealing with right now.

This week has been both good and bad. 
Monday: Such a fun a P-Day. We went downtown and went shopping at all the secondhand stores and found some cute cheap clothes. We might have also bought pastries and doughnuts for later in the week.
Tuesday: We seriously walked, and walked, and walked, and nobody was home. Out of our seven hours of proselyting, we only had two lessons. It was exhausting. But that night, four sisters stayed at our house for conference the next day, so all eight of us had  pillow talk on the mattresses spread out on the floor. And they're having us a keep the extra mattresses until after the mission tour next month, so we stacked them, and made a couch for the next month.
Wednesday: We had zone conference, and it was really good. I saw all the missionaries from my batch which was really fun, but it was also really spiritually uplifting and inspiring. I think I might have said this once, but President Lopez is seriously the funniest person and such a snuggle bug. 
Thursday/Friday/Saturday: There was a huge storm that would come and go. It seriously sounded like I was at the base of a waterfall, when the rain was especially strong. We got caught out in it one night, and my clothes seriously got soaked. Front and back was completely drenched. I have a picture, but it takes forever to load, so I can't send it this week. I need to buy a new umbrella because it's on the smaller side.... the members always make fun of me because whether I have it or not, I'll get soaked either way.

I love you all and am so excited to think that all three of you are together for the next couple of months. I miss you all, but I'm more grateful than ever to be on a mission. This week especially, I've realized how much I need to grow and I've seen so many things that I can improve and work on as a person. I know more than ever, that I was meant to serve a mission and am grateful for this opportunity, even though it's hard, and it's only gonna get harder.

I love you all!
xoxoxo,
Sister Fitz

Pictures from Zone Conference




Add caption

Add caption




No comments:

Post a Comment