Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 6, 2013

Mom and Dad,

I can't believe another week has past. Time is going by so fast. This week overall has been good. Some ups and downs but I'm doing okay now so hopefully it will stay that way the rest of the week. 

This past week we had follow-up training with everyone from my batch. It was so fun seeing everyone. I feel like there's almost a special bond between all of us, maybe because we're all experiencing the joys of mission life together, or maybe because we're all experiencing the struggles of mission life together but regardless, everyone seemed so happy, which is how it should be.

The Philippines also created a new requirement for our visas, so all of us Americans had to go the mission office on Saturday to get fingerprinted. It was basically a mission reunion because there was probably about 100 missionaries just talking, waiting to get fingerprinted.. But what was fun was that outside there was SportsFest for the youth in our stake, where they had their cheer/dancing competition. It was so fun to watch, especially because there's this boy in our ward and he's the one that choreographed and taught our ward, so Sister Bendoy and I have been wanting see him cheer forever, and then we finally got our chance.

Our missionary work is starting to progress more than it has in the past. This past week we've really focused on trying to find new families and investigators to teach, and one mom and her daughter even came to church this past week! A, the father of the YSA member in our ward who we've been teaching should also get baptized this month. He's come to church the past month and this past week during one of our lessons, he bore his testimony to us saying he knows that the church and Book of Mormon is true. 

We have general conference next Saturday and Sunday! I'm so excited. There's something so special and spiritual about conference. I think about when we were younger, and how it was just an excuse to have church in our pajamas on the couch, but every since freshman year, it's almost the highlight of my year. I'm so excited.

One funny story this past week, we were walking through one of the neighborhoods in our area, and there's this big group of kids just playing in the road. And then, they all start chanting/screaming "Cana, cana, cana!" which is short for Americans. So basically, I had to walk through a group of thirty kids, all screaming at me. It was funny.

I love you all. I never can think of what to write in these letters but know that I'm happy, and this next week I'll try to write specific things downs so I know what to share to you!
xoxo,
Sister Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment