Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 13, 2013

Family!

Another week has passed! Sometimes it feels like time goes by so fast and it seems like just yesterday I was at the computer typing a letter. I always loving reading your letters about what's happening at home.

Okay, so here's a recap of the week:
TUESDAY: My bag broke! Yeah, I know, I'm really disappointed too, especially because it was my beautiful, black fossil bag! The strap that attaches the sides of the shoulder strap to the bag came undone, don't know if that makes sense so basically it's unfixable unless you have a heavy duty sewing machine... but now I don't know what to do with it. Should I toss it, should I send it home, or should I just keep it until I fly home and try to fix it there? I feel bad because it was expensive! But I bought a bag from the mission for only 500 pesos and it's better anyways, and waterproof.
WEDNESDAY: We had companion exchanges with the STL's (sister training leaders). It was actually really nice to experience a different area and different teaching style. I went to Sister Sander's area (she goes home in November!) and we taught all afternoon, then I spent the night at their apartment, and we had studies together Thursday morning before we switched back that afternoon. I didn't bring any food with me, and she was low on support, so basically we lived off bananas, mangoes, and bread for the whole 24 hours we were together haha. If there was one thing I learned from her is that I just need to talk to everyone- to others on the jeepeney, tricycle drivers, people in tychangges along the road, everyone. She said that with only two months lefts, she feels like it's her last chance. So this week, I'm going to be more courageous. She also said that she wouldn't be surprised if I trained next transfer... I know that a lot of sisters have done that after being trained themselves, but I think I would actually cry for a whole 24 hours if I did. There's still so much I don't know and understand regarding both the language and teaching. But I know that if I am called to train, Heavenly Father will not only help me, but he'll qualify me for the work.
THURSDAY/FRIDAY: I got your package! and in perfect time for general conference. All the missionaries loved me with my American candy.... and we might only have one bag left of sour watermelons haha. But thank you for everything, and I've worn my new nightgown every night since then :) 
SATURDAY/SUNDAY: An amazing two days listening to conference. They broadcasted it in our stake center. There were a ton of members for the Sunday morning session, but hardly any for all the others... especially Saturday. Pretty sure there might have been more missionaries in our chapel than there were members. But it was definitely a very spiritually uplifting experience and I can't wait for the Liahona to come out to study their talks further. Saturday morning, two of our investigators came with us. They are sisters. I might have mentioned them before. Her name is J, and she is seriously the sweetest girl. Hopefully she'll be baptized in November! She's so eager to learn, and always has so many questions, but openly and faithfully accepts everything we teach. She's been reading the Book of Mormon, and I know that as long as she continues to seek the witness and the answers she desires with faith, I know she will gain a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. We also have had the opportunity to keep teaching A. He was going to get baptized this Saturday, but this past week we learned that he's having surgery today, so we most likely will have to postpone his baptism for later depending on his recovery. But regardless, it's amazing to see people come closer to Christ, for them to learn of the amazing comfort that comes from the knowledge of the gospel.

This week we have our mission tour with President Nielsen! It should be really exciting. This is also the last week of the transfer. I don't know if I'll stay in the area or Sister Bendoy, but we'll find out next Monday!

I love you all. Send everyone my love! Especially Grandpa and the littles!

xoxo,
Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment