Friday, February 28, 2014

February 9, 2014

Family,

All in all, this week has been pretty ordinary even though every day always feels so different and exciting. It's just that by Monday when I sit down to write all of you, I never can think of anything new to say...

Yesterday, we spent eight hours at the church. We were there forever. Now I finally understand you Mom when you say that you spend all day at the church. So we were there for church from 9 to noon, afterwards, we always have missionary coordination meeting with the ward missionaries and leader. And then afterwards, we had ward council meeting but not until 2:30, so we stayed at the church and had lunch. But then, the meeting didn't get started until 3ish, and then we spent close to 2 hours just discussing missonary work, and afterwards deciding on the new 15 focus names for reactivation. It was such a long process, but it's nice having so much support from the ward. The Bishop really cares and even sat in on our mcm since our ward mission leader wasn't there.

This past week has been good. Some investigators are starting to really progress, and some... not so much. But that's always the process of missionary work. J and R are two teenagers we've been teaching for the past couple of months and hopefully will get baptized in the next couple of weeks. R has been too shy to come to church, but Saturday night we had FHE at their house with the ward missionaries, and then the following morning he came with us to church for the first time! Another investigator, Sister R, is the wife to a less active, and they have a 5 yr-old son. They came to church yesterday as a family (!) which was exciting, so we're really hopeful with them. The situation with our investigator E is still the same. Her best friend is our Relief Society president, so the members will do all that they can to help her, but I don't think she'll be able to get baptized anytime soon. She bore her testimony to us last night, and she was explaining how the gospel is what has given her the strength to face everything in her life the past couple of months. Sister Rey and I are really sad about the whole situation but we'll continue to pray for her.

Also this past week, I have fallen in love with reading Doctrine and Covenants. I made this goal to read a section a day until I finish, but every day I end up reading two or three... depending on how long they are. But there's so much to learn from it, and it's all about missionary work so how can you not just love it. I also have been reading general conference talks, everyone I have read is so inspiring. These men are truly called of God and given revelation to share to the world.

I love you all. Send the littles, Grandma Fitz, and Grandpa Bodily my love! I wish I was there to hug them personally.

xoxo,
Sister Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment