Friday, February 28, 2014

February 2, 2014

Family,

It has been such an exciting week! And the week with the biggest regret because I didn't have my camera! But it's okay and hopefully I'll have another opportunity. Because this past week we had companion exchanges with the STL's (sister training leaders). Sister Rey stayed in our area, and I went to the STL's area in Sipalay. If you look at a map, it's the farthest city south on our Island... and it's right along the beach. We traveled by bus for four hours, up and down through the beautiful green mountains, right along the coast. There were some of the prettiest views over the ocean, especially because the sun was setting. And so then the next day, we had studies and then headed out to proselyte in her area. Their area includes an island, so then I got to ride a boat to the island! Basically, it was exactly like The Other Side of Heaven.- the small boats with bars on each side to keep it from tipping. It was so beautiful, and peaceful, and exciting. The views were gorgeous because the mountains are just right there covered in trees, and then the ocean and beach... basically it felt like vacation... except for the fact I couldn't just lay out on the beach and tan. The city kind of reminded me of Seaside, just because the beach is on every side, but of course, the houses and neighborhoods don't exactly look like Seaside, but the feeling is the same. I'm hoping that next transfer when we have exchanges I can go back with a camera so I have digital evidence of how beautiful it was and to have a picture of me on the boat, but who knows what will happen.

Anyways, I always love companion exchanges because you learn so much. You get to see how others explain a certain principle or more clearly teach something, and you get to know other missionaries as well. I've been lucky as well because I've been able to visit other areas which is always exciting. However, I'm always glad to be back in my area with my companion, because I always miss them by the end of it.

Our work in Binalbagan is still peddling along. We have a lot of prospective investigators with baptismal dates, but these things are always so uncertain so I always hate to mention them, because it's even more sad when they don't happen. We also have other families that we're trying to prepare for baptism. This week has been a really spiritual week, more spiritually edifying and uplifting than others. Of course I learn so much every week, but this week, I truly have felt the Spirit. That's one of my biggest goals while being on the mission, to truly understand, feel, and learn how the Spirit speaks to me personally, and little by little, I'm learning it. 

I love the mission. Today marks six months being in the Philippines, and I love this country and people more than ever. Of course it's hard and frustrating just a little when I feel like I should be better or smarter considering I've been here for so long, but I know I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do. And every day I try to be the missionary that He and you all would be proud of. I love you all! Send my love to everyone!

xoxoxo,
Sister Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment