Thursday, August 7, 2014

July 27, 2014

Maayong hapon!

It's been such a good week. Maybe even the best one yet. I've truly just felt so much love and joy this past week and I've seen so many miracles and blessings. We had M's wedding, followed by her baptism on Saturday which was everything that I hoped it to be. She was sharing her testimony afterwards and I was just crying. Our Relief Society president let her borrow her wedding dress, another member did her makeup, we bought her shoes, and I curled her hair with the curling iron I haven't used since the MTC. Almost all of their family was there to witness it as well. President and Sister Lopez came too! Then after the wedding, she changed her into her baptismal clothes, was baptized, and then we had dinner. It was an amazing experience, and I am so happy for her. After a couple months of praying and fasting, she was finally able to. 
But this week was also great because of the S and S Families. I mentioned them this past week, but another family where I just smile thinking about them. In the S family, the whole family are members except the dad. They were baptized a couple years ago, but they've become less active since then. But, she's been returning and a couple weeks ago she gave us a referral to her sister-in-law and her family, the S family.All of them have been coming to church the past couple of weeks but we've haven't been able to teach the fathers. BUT, this past week we finally have been able to teach them. The S Family reminds me of Robyn and Trevor, but Philippino version. They have three precious little kids the same age as them, with one baby on the way. The dad is so receptive. He's hasn't committed to a baptismal date with his family yet, but his prayers each night when we kneel down are so sincere. They're such a golden family. And then the S family is another miracle as well. They have four ysa/youth aged children who are all members but the father has never been interested in the church. But this past week, he joined us for our lessons and was saying how he's just sick of it all and is ready to join his family. The most beautiful thing though that happened this past week is that both of their families came to church. All of them! They took up three rows! They've just been such a blessing.  We had FHE at their home last night, and it actually felt like "home'" if that makes sense. We're afraid that Sister S is going to have her baby any day now because she looks like she's going to pop so we might try to move their baptism to this Saturday rather than next... but we'll see.

I love that there' so much missionary excitement in your ward! Looking back, one of my biggest regrets is not being as involved in missionary work as I should have been. I didn't even know who the missionaries were! No wonder they always said that Gig Harbor was the place that no missionary wanted to be assigned to! Here, missionary work is the essence of the ward. Granted, it has a lot to do because 90% or more of the members are converts from one time or another, so they're very aware and involved. But I look back and just see my lack of sharing the gospel to my friends. I completely failed at doing my part at just fulfilling my calling as a member of the church. But I'll try to make up for it.

Sister Canimo is leaving in two weeks so we're trying to baptize everyone before she leaves.... just kidding, but seriously. We're afraid I might be transferred out too since we've both been there for so long, but I don't know if president would white-wash the area by pulling both of us out but I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

I love you all! Stay safe! Rest, and enjoy the summer because it always goes by fast.
xxx,
sister Fitz











No comments:

Post a Comment