Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 3, 2014

Family!

I can't believe it's already August! Sister Canimo goes home next week! Last night President texted us saying he doesn't want us in the office this week so the Elders find out what they don't know and  they can learn before Sister Canimo leaves. So as of today, technically I'm out of the office! The elders are freaking out because we were supposed to have another week to train them in everything... but now they just get to call haha. We were in the office all morning trying to teach them as much has possible. But we have unlimited call so I think they'll do okay this week. We still get to attend MLC tomorrow though :) But this week we'll be full-time proselyting in our area!

It's been such a great week. You know how at the end of a school year or semester, the last couple weeks are so fun and perfect, and it's almost like you don't want them to end, you just want to extend another week or so? That's how it is for Sister Canimo and I, except she's the only one going home and I still have four more month. But our area is doing amazing, our investigators are progressing, and this past weekend we had our baptism of M, R, M, and V. They all are so precious I just want to smile all the time. 

M is a referral from one of our members in our ward. The member referred us to his family but they didn't really want anything to do with us from the start. But M, who is only nine, was so interested and precious. He comes every Sunday by himself and he's always the first one there! We teach him every Sunday morning at the chapel before Sacrament starts. We never thought his parents would let him be baptized because they won't even really let us teach them at their house, just come to church but after a miracle, his mom signed the baptismal form and he was confirmed yesterday in Sacrament Meeting!

Another miracle is the S family that I've been mentioning the past couple of weeks. Seriously the most prepared family I've met on my mission. M (the 8 month pregnant mother) and V were baptized this past weekend and it was so beautiful. I cried through M's entire testimony afterwards. There's really just nothing more rewarding than missionary work. I've just felt so much joy and love this past week that's really just undescribable. But a miracle happened last night! We've been working with the father, and he's been so receptive but hasn't committed to his baptismal date on August ninth. He just kept saying that he hasn't decided yet, that he still has a lot of questions, things to learn, etc. But, last night we asked how his prayer went, and he said that he's ready to be baptized! So he, along with his brother (who's married to the less-active returned member who referred the S family in the first place) will be baptized this Saturday! 

It's been a good week and hopefully it continues. I feel like on the mission you have a really good week, and then a bad one, and then a good one, etc. and we've had two good ones in a row so I'm a little scared, but I think everything will be okay :)

MLC is tomorrow, and it might be my last one now that I'm out of the office but I'm excited. It's always fun to see everyone, but it's always just so spiritual and uplifting.
Send everyone my love!
 
xxx,
Cami

Missionary Leadership Council


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment