Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 17, 2014

Family,

This week has been pretty crazy and different, but it's been good. Here's a quick review:

Monday: My last day with Sister Canimo. We emailed, went shopping, packed, and prepared her to head home. We had our last family home evening with the S families and then came home and packed. It was pretty depressing but I guess there comes a time for everyone. She really is an amazing missionary and has a special gift. I was talking to another missionary that was companions with her at one point, and we were commenting about how she truly is just amazing. She has this unique gift, and miracles just follow wherever she goes. Her faith and testimony is so strong. She has a promising future ahead of her.

Tuesday & Wednesday: Transfers! I dropped off Sister Canimo at the mission office. We said our goodbyes which wasn't as depressing as I thought it would be. Then I waited around until everyone showed up for transfers. Because the new arrivals don't show up until Thursday, all the trainers were paired up for the next two days. I ended up being in a trisome with Sister Batalero and Dixon working in Talisay Ward. It was so fun. We were together Tuesday and Wednesday. We called it our little "retreat" before our trainees showed up. 

Thursday: Thursday morning we had our trainer's training meeting at the mission home. All the trainers meet together before the arrivals come and we receive a little training from the assistants and from President Lopez. There's no one else from my batch training... :( but all is well. Almost all the trainers are going home either in two or three transfers. So for most of us, this will be our last companion and area because President wants to keep us together for all 12 weeks of training. But since some of us still have three, I'm not sure if he'll transfer us for the last transfer or keep us here.  Anyways, we had our training, and then all the arrivals came and we met our companions! My new trainee is Sister Vaitohi. She's from Utah and went to BYU for the past two years and was on the track team. She's beautiful and is so kind. I think we'll have fun together.

Friday-Sunday: Our first weekend together! It's been good, completely exhausting, but good. I forgot what it's like to first arrive in the Philippines so I'm trying to remember to help comfort and help Sister Vaitohi in the adjustment. All the members were really nice to her so I think that helped. We're back to the very, very beginning with the language which has been kind of a weird adjustment but things are going well. The work is going okay. I have members set up to work with us for the week which will be a huge blessing so I won't be the only one doing all the talking in our lessons. The youth in the wards here are amazing. They're all so prepared for their missions and are always so willing to go work with the missionaries as long as there is no school. But this past weekend we've been doing a lot of finding because we have a lot of hours to fill during the day and because Sister Canimo and I just baptized all of our investigators. We're kind of back to the beginning stages again but I'm confident that in time, we'll see those weekly baptisms again. I'm trusting in the Lord that we'll be lead us to those who are prepared to receive us. One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 13:24. Angels truly are preparing the hearts of many to receive the gospel in their lives. We just need to do our part to find them :)

I love you all! My favorite moment from this past week is when we go the S's house and V (one of the fathers we baptized last week) was sitting at the table studying, with a notebook, scriptures, and pamphlets just scattered all over. He's already finished reading True to the Faith! He's so great and his testimony is so strong. 
 


Love,
Sister Fitzgerald
 
Cami's New Companion, Sister Vaitohi

President and Sister Lopez Visiting Cami's Apartment

Cami Meeting Her New Companion

Cami Playing the Piano At Missionary Orientation Meeting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment