Monday, July 21, 2014

July 20, 2014

Family!

It's been such a good week, as is in so good! Miracles are just happening all over the place, and I just feel so blessed to be able to witness them. The most exciting news that we have is that we are planning a wedding! M is getting married this Saturday and then will be baptized right after. I'm so excited and happy for her. She's been waiting for so long and now she'll finally be able to be baptized. We finished her marriage papers earlier this morning and got them notarized so everything is set for Saturday... all we need now is a wedding dress :) We've been asking around the ward and found clothes for M that he can wear, the members and Relief Society are going to help out with some refreshments afterwards, and even President and Sister Lopez are going to attend! They're the family that we visited when Sister Lopez came and worked with us, and then she even joined in our fast a couple of weeks ago to help M agree to be married and let M be baptized. And now, our prayers have been answered and the time has finally come. We're seeing so much progress and blessings in our area, which is exciting so we can baptize all of our investigators before Sister Canimo goes home :) I don't know if next transfer President will have me stay in our area or transfer me out.... I guess we'll find out haha, he's very unpredictable.

We're also teaching this other family who is so prepared to receive the gospel. She's the sister-in-law to a less active family is returning. A couple weeks ago I think I sent a picture of our FHE with them but I don't really remember. They're the S Family. The mom is pregnant (due on September 1) and has four precious little kids. The mom and daughter are preparing for their baptism on the 3rd of August! The daughter has been coming to church this past month but this past week was the mom's first time and it was like she was already a member! She offered a beautiful prayer in our Sunday school class, was fellowshipping all of our other investigators and members, and just looked so happy there. Seriously an amazing family. The past week it's been really rainy and windy (I think there might be some kind of storm) and we visited them on Saturday, and they said that rain or shine, they'll be there at church :) We haven't been able to teach the husband yet because he's always been away at work but he's supportive of them and she said that he likes the idea of raising them in the church :)

That's the most exciting news lately. We've been really busy, especially today because we only have 45 minutes to email before we have to head to the mission home. We've been running errands all day today and just came back from the airport... so much for a p-day but I only have three more weeks of this so I can't complain!

I love that you get to spend so much time at the temple. One of my goals when I get home is to try to attend the temple weekly while at school, considering the temples are so close there. When does the other Provo temple open? and I hope everyone has fun on trek. Also, Mattie sent me pictures of their new house! It looks so nice! I can't wait to visit them in Arizona! Tell them I'll reply next week to their email and that I love them! I can't think of anything I need right now to include in the package :)  Also tell Taylor congrats for me on her upcoming wedding

palangga ko kamo!
Sister Fitzgerald




No comments:

Post a Comment