Monday, July 7, 2014

June 29, 2014

Dear Family,

I hope you're enjoying the sunny weather of Utah! This past week has been kind of on and off overcast with rain showers. It's been nice because there's been a cold breeze, and the humidity isn't as prevalent as it has been. I even wore a sweater the other day! It felt like Gig Harbor weather. But then the sun will come out, and you're sweating, and then I remember I'm still in the Philippines. It's weird to think that it's the Fourth of July already. Last year at this time, we were still in the MTC. They had all of us missionaries gather in the big gyms and watch 17 Miracles so we wouldn 't be outside listening to concert at the Stadium of Fire. But then afterwards, they gave us ice cream and let us stay up late to watch the fireworks. I have a soft spot for country music, so I hope you love Carrie Underwood. I went to her concert last year, it was really good.

I don't have too much exciting news. It's been one of those weeks where it kind of felt like the same old things that are happening. We had our transfer meeting this morning, and departures and arrivals are the next couple of days so we'll definitely be busy. Yesterday was the baptism of Sister A! She's 14 and the granddaughter of V, the grandma we baptized a couple of week back. Last week, A's mother came to church with all of them for the first time, and then the very next day she gave birth to her little boy! She wasn't due for another two months! But they're the best family. In the next couple of weeks, the rest of them should be baptized. We just love going to their home. Their testimonies and faith are strong. We see them every week sacrifice and work, just so they'll have money to travel to church. They all are just the best :)

Sister Canimo is now officially on her last transfer! The weird thing is that by the time she goes home, I'll have the same amount of time left that she did when we became companions. And then I think how fast the past couple of months have gone, and don't even want to think about the how fast the next couple will go. Before we know it, it'll be Christmas, I'll be home, and we'll be heading off somewhere on vacation to relax for a week ;)

Sorry for this unexciting letter. Not much news, and my brain is too tired to think of what else to write....

I love you all! Give a hug and kiss to all our relatives in Utah and Idaho when you visit, especially Grandma Fitz and Grandpa Bodily!

xxx,
Sister Fitzgerald
Sister A's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment