Monday, June 9, 2014

June 8, 2014

Maayong aga!

It's been such an amazing, uplifting, spiritual, and blessed week! We've seen so much progress in our area the past couple weeks! Just yesterday we gave part of our area to Elders because we just don't have enough time to follow up and focus on all these investigators! But our week was good mostly because of the L family. Last past couple weeks I think I've mentioned about M, how she's so prepared and ready for baptism, but what's preventing her is that she needs to get married first. Both Sister Canimo and I mentioned about her in our email to President Lopez last week, and then that night at MLC, President mentioned them, asking how they're progressing, etc. He then was saying how we would love to have his wife meet them, so on Wednesday, Sister Lopez came and worked with us! I was a little nervous at first, but it was so fun and such an great experience! She said she only gets to work with missionaries about once every month or two depending on their schedule so I think we were really lucky to experience it. But we shared about tithing and fasting, and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever had. I think all of us we're crying at one point. M's faith and testimony is so strong and it's just heartbreaking because of the whole marriage thing, but we're trying to work with her husband to get it all figure out. The only problem is, is that he's always working so we haven't even met him yet... but we'll make it happen! But their whole family is so receptive to the gospel! M's mother-in-law, the grandma in the pictures, and her youngest daughter will be baptized this Saturday,and then four others in their family came to church with them yesterday for the first time and are now preparing for the 29th, and as soon as M is married, she'll be able to get baptized! We just keep seeing miracle after miracle with their family, and I know more will come to help all of them accept the gospel and be able to be baptized.

We also just started teaching a family who was a referral from one of the members of the ward. The first time we finally found their house, the mom wouldn't even open the gate. But the past two weeks, we'll just stop and talk to her for a couple minutes when we walk by her barbecue stand, and then yesterday, two of her children came to church! We haven't really been able to teach her yet, but we've at least seen a little progress for her to let her children come to church :)

If there's one thing I've been learning on the mission, it's faith- not just faith but faith in Jesus Christ. President shared this quote in our mission business meeting but I thought I would share this little gem with you all too. “There is another kind of faith: more powerful, less known, infrequently observed. This faith in God compounds our ability to accomplish our righteous desires. It is creative, and generative kind of faith. This is the faith save for the exercise of which things would not happen. This is the great causative force in human lives. This is the faith that moves mountains.” (A. Theodore Tuttle) This is the kind of faith I've been trying to develop and grow in myself, in mission work, in basically everything. It's the kind of faith I need to exercise every day to fulfill my purpose as a missionary by helping build Heavenly Father's kingdom here on the earth. It's the kind of faith that will make my goals and dreams come to pass. I've made a lot of progress since last year when I entered the MTC, but I know it can only get stronger. I'm grateful for your examples of faith and of love. I miss you all but I'm excited to think I still have six more months to grow and learn as much as I can.

Palangge ko kamo!
xxx,
Sister Fitzgerald

Teaching with Sister Lopez (mission president wife)


No comments:

Post a Comment