Monday, March 17, 2014

March 16, 2014

Family,

Today we're in Bacolod! Welcome back to the city! We have zone conference tomorrow at the mission home so we're spending our p-day here in Bacolod, sleeping here, and then will ride the two-hour bus ride back to Binalbagan tomorrow afternoon. The exciting news is that we found out we'll staying in my old apartment, and hopefully working with the sisters there tonight (!) But, Sister Rey is sick and has no voice, as in she can't speak, so maybe we'll just stay at home tonight.

This week has been really good. The members have been so helpful, they're still really encouraged and energized to help us after stake conference last week. Just this past week, we received five referrals and contacted three of them already. We're truly seeing so many blessings here in our area. Last week, at stake conference, a less active father shows up at church with his two kids, after becoming inactive since high school. The members introduced us to him, we visited them twice this past week, and they came to church again yesterday! Also, the neighbor to Sister Artus came to church for the first time yesterday as well, after teaching her since one of my first  weeks here in Binalbagan. I really love this area and ward. 

This week, I hit my half-way mark. It's kind of surreal. I feel like I've been in the Philippines for so long, but at the same time, I feel like I just finished my training. Time really flies by so fast. There's days where I still ask myself how I even got to this point. Yet, here I am, in the Philippines. There's so many things I've learned, and so many things yet to learn. Every day I feel so blessed to be serving the Lord. Most days are pretty ordinary, but I've realized that it's the ordinary days that are making up the amazing, beautiful experience as a  missionary. I love sharing the gospel, and I'm so excited to have at least nine more months to dedicate my hours to missionary work.

I love you all! Help the missionaries in our ward! 
xoxo,
Sister Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment