Monday, December 15, 2014

December 14, 2014

Maayong Aga!

It's officially my last letter home on the mission. We traveled to Bacolod earlier this morning. I have my departing interview with President Lopez later this evening, tomorrow we have our different meetings and trainings with the farewell fireside at the mission home that night. Then Wednesday morning we fly to Manila, and Thursday morning I'll be flying home to you.

Yesterday was my last day of proselytizing, and it still feels kind of surreal. I have so many mixed emotions, and my thoughts are all scattered, but overall I feel content that the Lord has accepted my sacrifice and efforts the past eighteen months. Last night we were able to watch the Christmas Devotional at the stake center, and I was just filled with joy and love knowing that I've been able to help others come closer to the precious gift that Heavenly Father has given us. This past weekend we had L's baptism, he's the younger brother of L who we baptized a couple of weeks ago and then yesterday I spoke in sacrament meeting. The topic they gave me was "New Year's Resolutions," how we can set goals to change and be better, but mostly I just focused on how I've changed the past year, the things I've learned, and what things I want to continue in the new year to come. It gave me the opportunity to reflect on my mission- on those things that I've learned, how my faith, testimony, and knowledge has grown, and how I've come to more fully understand my purpose here. I'm so grateful that I've been able to serve the Lord the past eighteen months. I'm so grateful for the blessings and miracles I've seen. I'm grateful for the constant love, support, and prayers from the two of you. One of the greatest things I'll come home with is a greater appreciation of your sacrifices and examples that you have given me, not just while on the mission but growing up as well.

I love you so much and can't wait to see you on Thursday. I'm sure it will be a joyful and teary reunion :)

Halong!
Sister Fitzgerald


Flying to Manila to process exit visa

A stop at the Manila temple







No comments:

Post a Comment