Monday, November 3, 2014

November 1, 2014

Mayung Aga!

It's been a pretty eventful week! Last Thursday I got transferred to my new and last area in Pulupundan 2nd Ward. I'm now officially out of the city after eight months! My new companion is Sister Oquias, probably one of the prettiest Philippinos in the mission. But our area is fun, it's right by the ocean! Our house is huge, but it's good. It's just the two of us, but it's pretty much ordinary for missionary housing. I'm back to bucket showers, but that's not unusual.  Our ward is definitely smaller than Santa Fe, but the members are strong and our bishopric is really supportive. The past couple of days, all of the young women have been working with us because it's been their semester break, and they're all so precious. Half of them are recent converts, but they are so strong already. The ward is heading off to the temple this week, so I can't help but be jealous of them.

But exciting news is that I can now view my mission as "complete" because I got food poisoning for the first time. I've been here so long without an issue. I came to the conclusion that my body is immune to the food here in the Philippines but then inevitable it happened this past week, especially considering we were fed nine days in a row by members. Thursday morning I woke up throwing up, and it lasted all day, but by Friday I was fine. And now, I'm healthy as ever... well as healthy as you can be after living in a foreign country for over a year :)

I loved the package! Thanks so much!  Sister Vaitohi and I downed the peanut m&ms.... we opened one and finished it  and then a couple of days later we told ourselves we wouldn't open the second one and we would just give it away.... by the end of the night they were open and by the afternoon of the next day, it was gone too haha. but luckily, we were able to give away a couple of other things so we wouldn't get too fat from all of it. 
Last night we were able to watch the Philippines Special Broadcast. Elder Ardern and Elder Oaks spoke and they mentioned about what is needed to help the church be truly established in the Philippines. But something they mentioned is the responsibility of the parents to teach their children in the home. And the importance of the father to exercise his priesthood within the family. And then even in our ward fast and testimony meeting as well, there were several members that mentioned that they went on missions because they want their kids to go on missions. Basically, all day yesterday I was just filled with so much gratitude because of how you raised us in the gospel. You not only taught us, but you showed us how to live the gospel and because of that, I am forever grateful. 

Next week we have mission tour with Elder Ardern!

Love,
Sister Fitzgerald



No comments:

Post a Comment