Friday, November 21, 2014

November 15, 2014


Familyyyyyyy!

It's been such a busy, yet spiritually filling week. It included MLC (missionary leadership council) and mission tour with Elder and Sister Ardern, L's baptism, and celebrating Sister Oquias's birthday yesterday.

I now have officially a month left in the mission and this past week I was starting to feel it. When I was sitting in the mission home during our MLC, all I wanted to do was cry because I realized that I don't have too many more chances to hear the trainings of President Lopez. He truly is an amazing man and I'm so grateful to have him as my mission president. His love for us is so evident and you can feel it every time he speaks. One thing that he mentioned this past week was that he was called here as the president to love us and that we were called here as missionaries to love the people. He said that throughout the past two years, he's been trying to show and give that love to us, so that we may have enough love to give and show to those here in Bacolod. One thing that I've definitely learned on my mission is that love is required for those we serve and charity is one of those Chris-like attributes I've been trying to develop for the past year.

One thing that Elder Ardern mentioned was that some day each of us will have to get an accounting of our stewardship here on earth. He said that this chapter in our life will be glowing from our mission and how our goal is now to help make each chapter after this glow as well. He also mentioned how our first responsibility as a teacher of the gospel is to prepare spiritually. I'll be forever grateful for the testimony I have gained and things that I have learned and experienced here on the mission. This past week I was reading in Mosiah and I came across Mosiah 5:2: "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent,which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually." I feel like I have experienced that mighty change in my heart. I have seen in myself, members, and in my recent converts the process of conversion. I've learned that true conversions is more than just a knowledge of the gospel principles and it implies more than just a testimony. It means to live and act upon what we believe. And through doing that, we create a firmly rooted testimony and conviction of the church and gospel of Jesus Christ. Yesterday, Sister Oquias and I both gave talks in sacrament meeting. It gave me the opportunity to reflect on my mission and on myself as well. I'm grateful for the gospel in my life and the comfort and hope that knowledge gives to me. 

On Saturday we had the baptism of L. She's 14 and her mother passed away last February. She's the oldest of five kids and basically takes care of them all. She's so strong and her baptism was so beautiful. She came out of the water crying. I hope she remembers what she felt on that day and I hope that joy and peace will help carry her through her future. The youth are so strong in this ward. This week in their seminary class it is  missionary week. They have to live like a missionary and wear a "future missionary badge" all day, even in school. They were all so excited to put it on yesterday at church. They're all going to be amazing missionaries someday!

I love you all! Tomorrow my batch is flying to Manila for our exit clearance fingerprinting. They said we'll probably be able to go through a temple session before flying home that night... I hope so!

Love,
Sister Fitzgerald
Zone Training Meeting last week!


Celebrating the 21st birthday of Sister Oquias yesterday! It was extra special because some of her family lives here in Pulupandan. Her dad grew up here, so some of her aunts and uncles live here and even her grandma.

Last last week it was all soul's day when we proselyted in the cemetery. We were able to visit the grave of Sister Oquias's grandpa and relative.


Sister Char, Sister Oquias, and myself.

Pulupandan (Her area)

 One of my last days in Santa Fe with the Salmorin and Suriaga families! 
Celebrating one of their sons birthdays



FHE with the Flores family... they have ten kids

Bishop and Sister Ollier at dinner last night. They have their house decorated for Christmas and it felt like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment