Thursday, October 2, 2014

September 21, 2014

Maayong aga!

It's transfer week again and thinking about how fast this past transfer went, I don't even want to think that I only have two left... I'm already a little homesick for my mission. I swear that Sister Vaitohi just got here last week, but then to think a whole transfer has already passed. This past week was pretty good, it went by fast, but then when I think of what happened, all of it felt so long ago already ahha, the mission really plays tricks on your brain regarding time. 

But it's been a busy week. On Thursday we switched apartments with the elders... we went from a huge three-story apartment to a tiny, three-roomed house. Our house is now a little box that requires the fans to be on full blast 24/7 because it's so hot, but the good news we now have normal water! I'm no longer scared to take a shower or brush my teeth from the rust! And it's way closer to our area. Elder Rasmussen called Wednesday night saying that President didn't feel comfortable with us staying in our current house, because it's so far away from the road, hard to access, etc. and suggested us switching with the elders, so come Thursday morning, we were all packed, ready to move.

But this week we've been finding, teaching, and have been busy doing missionary work. We're seeing progress with our area, but it's all just step by step, little by little. Patience is my weakness, I like to see immediate results, which is something I've definitely have been working on while serving. But we have a lot of potential investigators, and the members have been so helpful. But some exciting news is that this past week, M's husband (the couple we married in July.. remember?) came with her to church this past week! He's really shy, but seeing the whole family together, two of them with their cute kids, was so sweet. Except he is shy, and then he was called upon to say the closing prayer in gospel principles class... which I still can't decide if it a good move or not... so I just pray that he won't be too shy to not come back...

But the week has been really good. I don't like to talk a lot about investigators, especially in the early stages, because they come and go so quickly, but I think we found some real potential and will keep you updated :) This week is the baptism of the cutest little girl, A. Her mom is a less-active, but she's now returned and even cried when A prayed in our lesson this past week. She's so excited for her baptism, and is so precious!

Love you!
Sister Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment