Monday, April 14, 2014

August 6, 2014

Family!

It's definitely been a very busy, stressful, but exciting week. I survived my first week in the office! So last Monday, Sister Canimo and I transferred into our new area/apartment, etc. It's an apartment for four sisters but two have only been living there for the past two transfers, so our room was so dusty and full of bugs because it's the basement in the apartment. But we cleaned, and got unpacked, and settled in. We got transferred to the Santa Fe ward in the Bacolod Central Stake. Last summer, there were only two elders, but when my batch came in August, they split it to have four missionaries, but in January, it got combined again to just two missionaries, but now they split again for us. So now there's four of us in Santa Fe again--two elders, us, and we even have the Neff couple in our ward! So technically, six missionaries :)
Tuesday morning we had missionary leadership training with all of the sister training leaders and zone leaders. It was my first one! Afterwards, we had our first day in the office. I'll eventually get trained in all the jobs, but since Elder.Pulsipher is training the new senior couple elder who will be finance, I sat in on their training. Stressful! There's so much to learn! The following days, it was just training gihapon. The office elders have been in there for a year, so they know what they're doing, they have a system down, and have all this knowledge already and then we come in just completely blind basically but we're learning little by little.  It's nice being in the aircon, especially now that's it's summer and soooo hot in the afternoon, but I miss proselyting. Granted we get to proselyte at night time and on the weekends, but it's sad knowing that I'll never have a normal missionary life for the rest of my mission. I also went to the LTO again to get my license, but since my visa already expired, we have to wait for the new one to come in which could be a couple of weeks.

On Wednesday, we were finally able to proselyte, after getting our area book from the elders. Our area seems good, lots of houses and people. It will be hard because our proselyting time is so limited, but Sister Canimo and I are excited to help as much as we can in this ward to grow and expand. We even had three baptisms this past weekend of youth and primary! One was a son of a recent convert mother, and the other two are their cousins who's mom is preparing for baptism as well for next month! On Saturday as well, before the baptism, they broadcasted the general women's meeting. It was soo good! I loved it, and maybe even teared up a little bit. I'm so excited for general conference this weekend, especially because I'll probably see members from Bacolod 2nd ward there at the stake center! I hope T is there! 

My brain is so frazzled right now, sorry for this random email. We had to go to the office earlier this morning to call the area office regarding passports, and then later this afternoon we have a meeting with an IT rep from the area office and afterwards a meeting with president for transfers this week. So much for our p-day :( but this is now our life, so we're embracing it... at least trying to.

I love you all! Continue helping the missionaries!

halong kamo permi,
Sister Fitzgerald



No comments:

Post a Comment