Monday, April 14, 2014

April 13, 2014

Family,

It's been such a fun week with departures, transfers, arrivals, general conference, and our baptism yesterday! Super busy, but exciting. Last Monday we had a meeting with President about transfers and the schedule for the following days because within those two days that's when the departing missionaries head home, transfers are happening with the missionaries, and the new batch of missionaries from the MTC is coming as well. So Tuesday, we dealt with the departing batch. They were in and out of the office until around 3 when they had their farewell fireside at the mission home. The funniest part of the day was when we pull out their suits from when they arrived in the mission. Because elders never wear their suits here, the mission takes them after arriving in Bacolod, dry cleans them, and keeps them until they go home. So we pull out their suits for them and they try them on, and they are sooo big. They basically can wrap it around themselves haha. Then on Wednesday, we had transfers and arrivals. The couples take the departing missionaries to the airport in the morning and pick up the arriving missionaries and bring them to the mission home for their fireside with President Lopez. While that's happening, we have transfers at the mission office. There were so many missionaries in and out of the office. It was fun because I got to see everyone. I saw Sister Luke and Sister Rey and Sister Foote, and all my favorites and we were able to talk. Then that afternoon, after transfers are over, we head to the mission home for the arrivals orientation. It was kind of a small batch, only 9 new elders and sisters. Sister Canimo and I gave a mini training, welcoming them to the mission and sharing a little information about it. Then the couples share what they do, and the AP's give a training on the mission vision, etc, and then we had dinner! One of the traditions at the mission home is that we always have ice cream after dinner. It's one of my favorite traditions because you know that if you ever go there, you'll eat ice cream :) The next couple days, we just continued with our training in the office. Sister Rasmussen trained me on how to input records, so I've been trying to help her as well as I'm being trained in the other areas. Then on Saturday and Sunday, we had general conference! It was so good, and so spiritual. They just get better and better every year. The exciting part is that I'm back in my old zone, the same stake. So I got to see everyone from Bacolod 2nd ward! I saw some members, and I saw T! It was seriously the best. Then on Sunday afternoon we had our baptism!  Her name is R and she's the smartest nine year old I've ever met. Her story is kind of interesting, and her baptism was unforgettable in the most funniest way. I'll tell you about it later.

Overall, it was an amazing, spiritually full week, in the best way. I love the gospel. I love missionary work. I love my family.

xxx,
S.Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment