Wednesday, January 8, 2014

December 29, 2013

Family!

It was so great talking to you this past week! Is it weird I feel like it was more like a month ago and not just last week?! It was so fun,  Since then I have good news--our water is back on and my eye is back to normal! I'm kind of sad that's how you saw me because basically that's what I look like when I get up, no make-up with my glasses on...  Surprisingly, I actually look better than that most days. 

But it was an amazing week and Skyping you all was definitely the highlight! So Wednesday, we skyped you and afterwards we stopped by the pharmacy so I could get eye drops, and then headed out to proselyte! Brother P (our investigator family) invited us over for lunch, and we were a little nervous because he invited us almost a week beforehand, so we thought maybe he forgot... but we show up, and turns out it was this huge luncheon that was catered, with tables set out everywhere, and they had his whole family and their neighbors there. It was fun, there was good food, and we were able to relax for a little bit. All the kids had a little presentation also where they danced and it was super cute. But then for the rest of the day, we had a couple of appointments, visited some investigators and members, and then we came home around 6 for studies. We ate leftovers that people gave us for dinner, and then the four of us opened presents from each other! We decided a couple weeks ago to give everyone gifts and I'm so glad we did because it was so fun and exciting to see what we got each other. I currently have a full box of presents from Christmas still sitting on my bed. We're slowly working our way through all the candy you sent, which isn't helping us stay healthy, but I figured I have a couple of more days until the new year :) 

Our missionary work is still continuing. We have some progressing investigators, we have some not so progressing, but that's the life of a missionary. Our zone sets goals for our key indicators each transfer, and they're definitely high, so we're trying to push ourselves to reach them this week. In exciting news, G gets baptized this Saturday! She passed her interview yesterday and we're so excited. She's a 12 year-old girl that we met and we just invited her to church and she said she would come! So then we awkwardly walked with her to a member family close to where she lives so she could come with them to church... the whole process was awkward. BUT, the following day, she actually came to church with them! We later find out when we visited her that week, that her mom is a less active! She's been amazing and so cute. She reads all the time, and she's so excited to get baptized. Her mom hasn't returned to church yet, but she's completely supportive of G, and basically bears her testimony every time we teach and she's coming to her baptism, so we're excited. Also, T's baptismal interview is this Friday. He's still reading all the time so we're hoping he'll get baptized on the 11th. 

Send everyone my love. I am truly loving my mission and I can't believe that I have less than a year left.... I  love you all!

xoxoxo forever,
Sister Fitz

Last meeting with Sister Delicano (ward missionary)
Special Friends
Thanksgiving Dinner
The Ward Primary Acting Out the Nativity
Beautiful Sunsets in the Philippines
Hot Chocolate on Christmas Eve
English Class

No comments:

Post a Comment